EMI has announced the release of a 40th anniversary edition of Thick As A Brick, the hugely successful 1972 album by Jethro Tull.
The two-disc (CD+DVD) reissue will feature a new 2012 stereo mix, (mixed by Steven Wilson), plus a DVD containing DTS & Dolby Digital 5.1 surround mixes and a high resolution stereo (96/24) version of the new mix, alongside a hi-res flat transfer of the original 1972 mix. The only bonus track is a 1972 radio ad. A hi-res surround mix is notable by its absence.
This set comes with a small (7 ½”x 5 ½”) 104 page hardback book, which includes the original newspaper over 40 pages, an article about the album and rare photos.
A two-LP set will also be available combining the original Thick As A Brick 2012 mix, and Ian Anderson’s recent Thick As A Brick 2, both as 180gm audiophile pressings and available for the first time in vinyl . The package also has a 72-page 12 x 12″ book all held in a hard card slipcase.
Both formats due out on 5 November 2012.
1. Thick As A Brick (Part 1) (2012 Remix)
2. Thick As A Brick (Part 2) (2012 Remix)
1. Thick As A Brick (Part 1) (5.1 Mix DTS & Dolby Digital)
2. Thick As A Brick (Part 2) (5.1 Mix DTS & Dolby Digital)
3. Thick As A Brick (Part 1) (2012 Remix)
4. Thick As A Brick (Part 2) (2012 Remix)
5. Thick As A Brick (Part 1)
6. Thick As A Brick (Part 2)
7. Radio Ad (2012 – Remaster)